Uninsured vehicle accident injury claims

Topic: vehicle accident injury claim(s)

Here are a couple of potential scenarios…

  • You’ve been injured in a car crash and were not at fault.  The other driver says they’ve got no insurance. Or;
  • You were injured in a car accident and again not at fault. The other driver has driven off and you don’t know the type of car or rego.

You can still make a claim.

In the first situation, the uninsured driver may mean they do not have full comprehensive insurance. If so your insurance might cover the damage to your car or you can make a property damage claim – more on this later.

In both situations… the other driver will usually have CTP insurance at a minimum and you may be able to make a claim for motor vehicle injury against this insurance. If not, the Nominal Defendant can help out. They insure cars that do not have CTP insurance – they even insure unidentified cars.

But there are things you have to do and there are really important time limits so you should seek advice as soon as possible. If you don’t claim within nine (9) months against an unidentified car then no claim can be made.

If this has happened to you – call us as soon as possible for advice on making a vehicle accident injury claim.